Wednesday, January 7, 2009

It's warm and sunny

I've been curious over the past couple of days about many things. Excitment mixed with anxiety can be a good combination, especially in preparing for a trip to a place where it seems the more I read, the more I'm intrigued. Yet as I have worked on preparations, I have been surprised how many people have admitted their envy (perhaps jealousy) of my going to Egypt. It seems my list of stow-aways grows longer by the conversations I have!

Anyway, one of my curiosities has been the Egyptian perspective of the conflict between Hamas and Israel. I found a Cairo newspaper in English on line (www.thedailynewsegypt.com) which has been interesting to read. Tonight, I was curious about the weather. Cairo's high today was 69F(!!). Last week, while in New York visiting family, the temperature got to 10 (I had forgotten how cold that is). This week, sleet and freezing rain here in Central PA - cold, wet, and at times soaking.

Oh yes, a warm place in January. I'm ready.

Traci Glover

No comments: